Dear Friends of “This is my story..”

I am not big fan of receiving junk mail however I would be selfish not to share the wealth of wonderful people and youth in the “I am Africa. This is my story…”  community. Each day it steadily grows and we feel confident that we will return this year for more workshops. Not a day goes by that I don’t miss the laughter and songs of African youth.

In these newsletters we will feature key people doing remarkable works in the “I am Africa” community that I encourage you to contact. We all know that we are all hurting for funds, yet a wealth of wisdom is abundant within the relationships of our community and our sister education community http://globallearningframework.ning.com. So I personally promise that these community letters to be educational and informative.

People to know:

“I am Africa. This is my story…” Was designed to give Africa’s unknown youth and innovators a voice. We encourage you to explore and make friends with the brilliant minds and hearts of this site. There are many remarkable people here, this is just a few.

Jacob Atem: Jacob is one our first stories. As one of the Lost Boys of Sudan he not only survived the Sudan genocide but worked hard to achieve a Masters from Michigan State and now is working on his Ph.D. He has just arranged for a container of medical equipment to be shipped into his clinic in Southern Sudan. They are in need of additional funding for the clinic.

Jude Thaddeus Nijkem is the Program Manager for The Organisation of African Youth (OAYouth) in Cameroon His team is a Certified Training Center to do workshops for “I am Africa. This is my story…” and can be funded to workshops in your organization.

Loukow Josue is  header of the Association of Disabilities in Wheelchair from Cote d'Ivoire. Loukow is one of thousands NGOs who fights to find help and resource for group of people without a voice and block from doing many types of work. Another were funds would be well spent

Julie Lindsey I am the story also has a number of ground breaking educators, media and NGOs. Julie heads the Flat Classroom Project that connect schools throughout the world together via the Internet. Take a look at her page and innovative programs.

Africa Home Grown Media to Witness:

We opened up the community to the more diverse types of storytelling going on in Africa. I would encourage you to look at. Jeff Mohamed page w/ videos “One Goal One hope” and “Fun Factory.” Mini documentaries that tell of the remarkable lives of youth from the eyes of young filmmakers with no budget. Jeff has produced two awesome videos I use in class. We think that NGO should hire people like Jeff to tell the story of the NGOs work online

Our YouTube channel I am Africa. This is my story is spilling over into Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin Communities. You can even simply Google “I am Africa. This is my story…” and watch them.

“I am Africa. This is my story…” is Growing with UNESCO funding:

In addition our “I am Africa. This is my story…” our influence continues to stretched out to hundreds of students, NGO leaders, Educators and innovators. My Linkedin community is exceeding 1,500 people and it is not uncommon for us to be on SKYPE with Pakistan or have webinars with Turkey or Nigeria. I would also encourage you to join my network on Linkedin to explore our other relationships. Countries like Kenya and SA have hundreds of media and NGO exploring this work.

We urge you to encourage other youth leaders and educators to share our educational materials at no cost and to encourage youth with the power of democracy and knowledge the web provides.

Help Africa’s Youth Message of Good Works Touch The World:

Join us in empowering Africa’s youth with the resources and collaboration of the Internet. There are three ways you can help:

Encourage people to join, download the Training Tool Kits to educate people, and join us in empowering African youth in the resources and collaborat....

Checkout (and share) “I am Africa. This is my story…” Educational programs:

Workshop webinar: Methods and Techniques for Web 2.0 Project Based Learning for Urban... Global Education Conference 2012

Paper: African Peace and Conflict Journal Current Issue Vol. 4 No. 2 “The Revolution of Internet Collaboratio... by Richard C. Close

Final note:

The wonderful stories and personal work within “I am Africa. This is my story…”  is not about Chrysalis Campaign, all credit goes to Africa’s youth. These images and tales are about the millions of amazing people who love, care and act on their convictions. They all make a difference and our praise and prayers are with them.

We have proposals pending to do four city tours of workshops to empower youth, women, educators and community leaders in Africa called “CyberDay”. If you know of a way to help, please contact us.

Stay encouraged
Richard C. Close
Servant – CEO
Chysalis Campaign, Inc.
rclose@richardclose.info

Views: 29

Reply to This

Photos

• Add Photos

About

© 2017   Created by Richard C Close.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service